Sunday, July 29, 2007

Reflection

Living in an apartment designed in the 60's, with only baseline updates since then, is most reflected in the bathroom. There is a huge mirror above the sink. One that starts at the waist and reaches several feet above the person who's image is refracting back.

What is the first thing that i look at when i see myself? But of course, my face. It stares back at me asking for some suggestion of why I'm looking at it in the first place.

I sigh in disgust and grab the brush.....first think i do is brush my hair. There isn't much of it, so it needs managed. All of it gets brushed back so the knots are out....it then falls in it's genetically predetermined semi-curled, parted position on my shoulders.

Next I look at my eyes...those piercing eyes that expected some deep destiny but are stuck with mediocrity. I laugh at them.....flip my hands through my hair again and walk out, inspection complete.

Sometimes I wonder why i don't use moose or wear makeup. Other days i'm grateful the time provided by my simplicity. I hope my reflection eventually lets me off the hook.

.....back in 30min

No comments: