Sunday, July 29, 2007

Book You Should Read: Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal

There are many books out there on sexual abuse, and healing from it. I don't really like the books that talk about it too much, I don't know. I want books that really say something, explain to me why I feel the way I do, and don't just say, "It'll get better."

I have had trouble finding a book I liked, until just a few months ago. This book is actually not just on sexual abuse – it’s on surviving trauma. But it fits in with sexual abuse, and she talks about it quite a bit.

She helped me understand why I feel the way I do, why I can’t sleep, why I can’t stop thinking about it when I want to stop, and more. She also talks about how to use imagery to heal, and this is something that has been a huge help to me. Actually, my therapist recommended this book because of the imagery scripts.

If you could buy only ONE book on healing, this is the book I'd tell you to buy. (And I own over 1300 books... yes, really. I, um, like to read.)

Check it out on Amazon.com:

Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal
http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Heroes-Survivors-Trauma-They/dp/0553803506

1 comment:

Rachel said...

9 more hours to go!