Saturday, July 28, 2007

It's time for post 2? already?

Ok, so... I promised you profound, but all I did was get sick. Ah well. So, I never made it to breakfast, so, now, I'm doing that...

If I may take a moment to say, however... This is why preventing sexual abuse before it happens is so important, why spreading awareness on the signs for people to look for before children suffer from it for too long or with no help, why hotlines like Stop It Now!'s prevention line (1-888-PREVENT) are so needed. Because the aftermath of childhood sexual abuse is terrible.

Yes, I'm laughing, and smiling... it's how I survive, and my therapist always says I have a good spirit. But the fact of the matter is...

I didn't sleep, because I had flashbacks all day.
I didn't sleep, because I wake in the night from sounds that aren't there.
I didn't sleep, because when I was a child, the only way to know it was safe was to sleep lightly.
I didn't sleep, because when I was young, I was hurt in a terrible way -- and no one helped me.


Off to breakfast now...

Anna

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Enjoy your breakfast!!!

http://darknex.us/

Gledster said...

Yus, enjoy food. I can't eat yet, it's 5:42AM and WAY too early for me.

It looks like your posts are going to be deep, emotional and interesting. Probably the exact opposite of mine. :)

Marina said...

Isn't it strange how the after-effects manifest? I hope you continue to heal at whatever pace you can handle.